Stay-at-home mama enjoying every changing moment with our lil guy!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

39 week appointment

Yesterday I had my 39th week appointment (I was 38 weeks 4 days) and like a broken record - all is going well! My BP is holding strong at 96/60, I'm down yet another pound (which is typical at this point per the doc) and the baby's HR was 134. I got another lovely exam and thought he was trying to put me into labor - OUCH! I'm still at 2cm but a VERY ripe 2 - meaning my cervix is super soft and completely effaced. He said not to get discouraged by this because he had a lady in a few weeks ago who was at 6 cm at her routine visit, however they had to induce her 2 weeks later because she never progressed any further. I can't imagine walking around knowing I was 6 cm dilated.

I'm still having contractions, but still not regular. They are getting stronger as the days go by so we'll just have to wait and see. I just pray for a healthy lil baby and a safe delivery.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment