Stay-at-home mama enjoying every changing moment with our lil guy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

36 week recap/37 week update

A little behind - sounds all too familiar these days! Last Thursday I had my 36 week appointment and all was good. BP 100/70, no weight gain (but no weight loss), HR was 128 (must have been sleeping for once!). I'm still measuring like 4 weeks behind so they ordered me another ultrasound, however the Perinatologist is booked until next Wednesday the 11th so we'll just have to wait. Dr. K checked me for GBS (group B strep) and while down there checked to see if I was dilated at all. As of last week I was 1/2-1 cm.

Today was my 37 week appointment - a few days early. I've gained a pound (total weight gain - 17 lbs), BP 110/70, HR was 156-158 and measuring small...but at this point I can't imagine I'll catch up at all. Dr. K informed me that my GBS came back negative, which is one less thing to worry about! He also checked me and I'm currently 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. He said the head was down but still has a little bit to go. It's REALLY starting to sink in that this baby could be here at any moment!! This was the progress I was at with Henry at 38 weeks and had him 3 days later - YIKES!!

Henry (daddy) is down in Atlanta until Friday morning - and this is his last bit of travel until the baby arrives, so I'm just going to keep my legs crossed that this baby stays put!!

On another note: I'm really starting to get mommy guilt. I'm afraid that lil Henry is going to be so sad that some other baby is stealing his mommy away. I truly believe he senses something because he's been extra clingy to me and just cuddles with me all day! On the opposite spectrum, he's going to have a best friend to play with and I can't wait to watch them grow up together!

Stay tuned for updates :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going okay!! We will keep your in our prayers the next few weeks, so excited to find out if Henry will have a brother or sister : ) Don't worry about the mom guilt just think of how helpful Henry will be with the little one and all those little naps the little one will take will be time for you and Henry to cuddle and spend time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby #2 will be here in no time! I think about you everyday and hope the last few days/weeks are easy on you. I agree with Jen; I think Henry will be so excited and helpful. Try not to stress about it - he's such a mommy's helper I think he'll love having a brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't believe it's almost time for Baby C #2 to arrive... can't wait to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete